Marc Ganzi, CEO of Digital Colony and incoming Colony Capital chief executive officer, discusses the need for digital infrastructure amid the coronavirus outbreak on Bloomberg Markets.
Digital Colony and EQT Become Zayo’s Lead Investors
BOULDER, Colo. – March 9, 2020 – Zayo Group Holdings, Inc. (“Zayo”) (NYSE: ZAYO), which provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, today announced the completion of its acquisition by affiliates of Digital Colony Partners (“Digital Colony”) and the EQT Infrastructure IV fund (“EQT” or “EQT Infrastructure”). The close marks the consummation of the $14.3 billion transaction, which represents the largest syndicated private equity investment, the fifth largest Media & Communications LBO and the second largest LBO overall since 2008.
TORONTO – February 3, 2020 ‒ Beanfield Technologies Inc. (“Beanfield”), an independent telecommunications infrastructure provider in Canada serving the enterprise, carrier and multi-dwelling units markets, today announced its acquisition of Openface Inc. (“Openface”), a leading provider of fiber-based telecom services primarily to small and medium-sized businesses as well as enterprise customers. Financial terms of the private transaction were not disclosed.
- The Freshwave Group brings mobile operators, central and local government and real estate providers together with new collaborative commercial models
- Leading in market collaboration such as network sharing and supporting the roll out of 5G to boost UK digital connectivity where people live, work and play
- Mobile industry leader Simon Frumkin appointed as CEO
- Investment Marks Digital Colony’s Entrance in Digital Infrastructure Market in Brazil
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE) - Colony Capital, Inc. (NYSE: CLNY) (“Colony” or the “Company”) announced today that Marc Ganzi, the future CEO of Colony and the current CEO of Digital Colony, has been selected by a distinguished panel of his global leadership peers in telecom, media and technology to receive the TMT Leadership Award. The TMT M&A Awards 2019 took place in London and are sponsored by TMT Finance.
- Investment Deepens Digital Colony’s Fiber Footprint Across Canada’s Two Largest Metropolitan Areas
- Neutral-Host Platform Provides Additional Bandwidth for Digital Colony to Meet Increasing Demands of Enterprise, MNO and Hyperscale Data Center Customers
- Creates First Dedicated Digital Infrastructure Fund, Digital Colony Partners
- Digital Bridge and Colony Capital Combine Industry, Operational and Investment Experience
- Zayo Shareholders to Receive $35.00 per share in Cash Transaction Valued at $14.3 Billion
- Transaction would result in Zayo becoming a private company
- World-class network assets well positioned to meet connectivity-driven demand in key North America and Europe markets
- Global investment firms, EQT and Digital Colony, uniquely positioned to support Zayo in growing its business
- Standalone Business Focuses on Neutral-Host Digital Infrastructure Solutions